1. a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
2. the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
3. an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
4. the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
5. the place or region where something is native or most common.
6. any place of residence or refuge:a heavenly home.7. a person's native place or own country.
7. of, relating to, or connected with one's home or country; domestic: home products.
8. principal or main: the corporation's home office.
9. reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
10. Sports. played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed tobe the center of operations of a team:The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season.
11. to, toward, or at home: to go home.
12. deep; to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
13. to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
14. Nautical. into the position desired; perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home. in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home. toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.
verb(used without object), homed, homing.
15. to go or return home.
16. (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, especially under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often followed by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
17. to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
18. to have a home where specified; reside. verb (used with object), homed, homing.
19. to bring or send home.
20. to provide with a home.
21. to direct, especially under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.